Monday, March 19, 2012

Classic-Style Clothing...Is there a need?

There seems to be a large need in our society to dress girls like young girls and not adults. Shopping for girls these days especially ages 7-14yrs. you mostly find trendy shirts, short, short dresses and skirts, tight jeans and dark colored clothing. It can be a challenge to find that simple, beautiful dress with a little collar, smocked bodice, and soft print that keeps your children looking like children. Our goal is to create a line of classic-style clothing using patterns and styles from the 30's-50's. All the dresses seem to be simple solid colors with accents of embroidery or a coordinating color. 

Let me know your thoughts on this or feel free to show me styles that you would like to see your daughters in!


I especially love this dress below. The pattern seems to be sold out everywhere I have found it so if you know of one similar please let me know!



4 comments:

  1. I love the old-fashioned designs - made in both contemporary & classic fabrics. Little girls should look like little girls, not minature versions of adults.
    Good luck with your venture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same dilemma 20 years ago with my girls. I ended up making what I could. I might have some patterns buried somewhere that you could look at. Thank you for pursuing this. I might need some dresses for my granddaughters!!
    Marilyn S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! I am currently sewing for my little granddaughter, and my patterns are mostly vintage. Little girls should look like little girls.

    ReplyDelete