Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Twoo, Twoo...It's time for owls

We recently got a job making an owl costume. Little children are going to wear this costume to help teach about owls. When coming into this job I didn't think it was going to be very exciting (you know how some things can be, you just want to get them done and get paid...) well, that's what I thought of this one at first. Then I started on the project. It was so much fun I just kept wanting to work on it. For the eyes I bought a costume mask and hot glued feathers around it. The headpiece is just a headband with felt covering it and feathers over the felt. Today I did all of the felt feathers on the body. I think because it was crafty I really enjoyed it!

Let me know if you ever want to make and owl costume - I can give you some good pointers!


I loved working on the mask - it looks so real!!!

2 comments:

  1. The kids at Chula Vista are going to LOVE it! It will be a fun way to learn about owls too. Thanks for the GREAT work. :)

    ReplyDelete