Friday, January 21, 2011

The 8 Month Pillow Project

Back in May of last year a friend of ours had a birthday. We knew she wanted pillows for her bed so we bought some fabric when we went Fabric Depot. We wrapped up the fabric, gave it to her and said it would be for pillows for her bed. Days and days went by and they were always in the back of my mind, knowing that I needed to get them done. Here we are 8 months later and I just sewed them all up today! I guess doing them this much later did yield some better fruits. Yesterday I just learned how to make beautiful vintage flowers by burning the fabric and I had some cute trims on hand. I have a little video of me burning the fabric so you can see how it's done and try it yourself! Enjoy!
All of the pillows


Getting ready to make my flower

Cut a circle to your desired size and then cut slits for each petal

After you bur the edges it will look like this

Sew a button in the center for a finishing touch and there you have it!

My finished pillow


Here they all are again!
Piping and trims can add alot to a pillow and it's so easy! Here a link to the blog I found the vintage flowers on: Simply Vintage Girl

6 comments:

  1. The pillows look beautiful and i really like the vintage flower! It would make an adorable touch to a little baby hat or headband too ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really nice pillows. I am getting ready to do my style of pillows, embroidery style. I will post mine when I get mine done. I need some nice fabric first. Time to go to Portland.:) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vic and Ver: Those flowers are beautiful! Good job! I had no idea you could 'burn' fabric and make it look like design art! Wow.

    Bethany: Good Idea- sounds a bit familiar! I have just started on baby head bands (1st one was for baby Isabella). When you get a chance, check out my site on etsy: aprilscozycreations.etsy.com and if you have more ideas, please share them with me!

    Pam: Where you go, I will go also... I hear Portland is the land of fabrics. I'm going to have to spend some quality time setting some flowers ablaze for pillows (or the equivalent thereof)!

    Great ideas on here! Keep up the posts V&V!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am in love with the colors! love these pillows!

    Please come by and link this up and join my giveaway for anne franklin designs!

    www.tootsiewootsieboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Pillows! Love your color combination, Very sweet flower too!

    We're followers now...

    Glad & Cel

    ReplyDelete